This is something anyone with basic sewing skills can do.
This is not really a tutorial, but I did want to show you a few of the steps I took to make this dress.
This dress is just up to my sewing level ability so that's why I made it for today. Plus it was inexpensive too.
Soon I hope to go to something a little more
1. Choose a t shirt for the top part that you like.
2. Choose a t shirt for the skirt portion and measure yourself and the t-shirt to ensure a good fit. ( I used an women's XXL and I wear a size 8 normally)
3. Decide where you want the skirt to be joined to the shirt and mark the shirt with a water soluble pen or straight pin.
7. Try that on and see if it fits okay by holding it up where you want it to be. If so, iron seams to one side.
8. Put top shirt inside of bottom shirt matching right sides to right sides and front to front, back to back. Be sure to mark centers in four places, two on the top shirt and two on the bottom shirt (front and back) where the cut edge is - before putting shirts inside each other.
9. Stitch shirts together here with a basting stitch. (In case you mess up and have to take it out)
10. Turn right side out and try on.
11. Then finish stitching it again with normal straight stitch and length.
What's great is that I only had to take up the hem about 1/2 inch along bottom. It was almost the right length. Maybe yours will be! I'm only 5'5".
Hope you enjoy making your dress! Email me with any questions. I'd be happy to help.
Show Off Your Stuff,
Strut Your Stuff,
DIY Diva Thursdays
Delicately Constructed Friday